Position: Special Education Teacher Instructional Assistant
Position to Begin January 2024
Terms: 40 hours per week (7:30 AM to 3:30 PM)
Salary: $14.00 per hour
The applicant must:
- Have a high school diploma (some college preferred);
- Be prepared to live out and model Catholic/Christian virtue;
- Be compassionate, energetic, responsible, and proactive as he or she may perform a wide range of tasks in order to support the efforts of the teacher and meet the needs of all students;
- Have a successful history of working with children, teachers and parents; experience working with students' special education needs is preferred.
- In our inclusion setting, the Teacher Assistant goes room to room, serving students at varying grade levels and responding to individual needs identified by the classroom teacher or the special education teacher.
- Teacher Assistant provides individual assistance with academics, behavior, and social skills and may lead small group activities as directed. The Teacher Assistant may also assist teachers with general housekeeping, clerical, and record-keeping duties.
Please send resume and cover letter to Mrs. Catherine Rusch at firstname.lastname@example.org.