QUEST Program (AU Inclusion Program)
Quest Mission Statement
Our Lady of Grace is on a Quest to bring quality instruction to children with high functioning autism. We are blending small classroom size with researched based curriculum in the areas of social skills, language and academics. Inclusion opportunities will be in child- centered, creative, faith-based environment.
The Quest Program at Our Lady of Grace School offers children (early childhood through middle school) with high functioning autism structured individualized instruction in the areas of social skill development, academic course work and language acquisition. This program is for students who benefit from inclusion opportunities with their typical peers in instructional and social environments. The goal of the program is to develop the whole child to become successful within all types of environments.
The students enrolled in the Quest Program will receive instruction in both the regular education classroom and separate setting small groups. Individual learning and social needs will be met through Student Accommodation Plan (SAP). They will receive instruction in the areas of language arts, math, social studies, science, art, music, physical education, media/technology, social skill instruction and religion. Sensory needs will be addressed on an individual basis so each child can reach his/her full potential in the classroom.
- Serving student in grades Pre-K 4 through 8th grade
- Students must have an AU Diagnosis
- Grade level inclusion 80% of the day
- Child must be within one year of grade level academics
- Social Skill instruction
- Students participate with their grade level peers for enrichment classes (PE, Spanish, music, art, computer, library and STREAM), as well as lunch, recess, classroom events and field trips).