PACE Program (Learning Disabilities)
The PACE Program at Our Lady of Grace Catholic School offers an education program for students whose learning needs require a small classroom setting and specialized instructional strategies, including academics and social skills.
The OLG PACE Program provides special education services to elementary students who require a self-contained classroom with a separate curriculum. Students requiring this program would be performing below grade level across subject areas, and their progress would be limited in the regular classroom (even with modifications, accommodations, and pull-out services), therefore, requiring a different curriculum from the regular classroom. These students will receive all instruction in the PACE classroom, but they will integrate with a regular classroom for lunch/recess and specials (Art, Music, PE and Computers).
The PACE teacher is trained in the Orton-Gillingham method of reading and writing instruction and certified in Special Education by the state of North Carolina.
- Serving students in grades PreK-8th
- Self-contained academics with modified curriculum
- Inclusion for enrichment/specials classes and other areas as appropriate (fieldtrips, classroom events and activities, etc.)
- Special Education Diagnosis (learning/intellectual disabilities)
- More than one year discrepancy in regards to academics (two or more years below grade level)
- Social Skills instruction